Parenting with PTSD
Our culture offers a plethora of information on parenting, and there is vast education available on childhood abuse, but what about the parent who was the abused child?
Using her personal and professional experience, Dawn invites the audience to walk beside her on her journey to discovering the impact childhood adversity has on the life of parenting survivors
Parenting with PTSD is a dynamic presentation that introduces the audience to the impact childhood adversity has on the life of parenting survivors. Dawn’s training introduces the audience to common triggers and responses parenting survivor’s experience, and the role providers can have in helping to break generational cycles of abuse and dysfunction.
- Keynote – 60 to 90 minutes
- Full-day training – 6 hours
- Half-day training – 3 hours
- Break-out session – 60 to 90 minutes
- An introduction to the Adverse Childhood Experience study, toxic stress, and the role trauma has on the stress response system
- Guidance for normalizing and recognizing common triggers, behaviors, and coping mechanisms exhibited by parenting survivors
- Recognizing parenting behaviors as symptoms of post-traumatic stress
- Supporting parenting survivors on the journey to breaking cycles of generational trauma and dysfunction
- Helping providers understand the role they can have in assisting parenting survivors in breaking the cycle of abuse
- Family Support Services
- Family Preventative Services
- Medical and Mental Health Clinical Providers
- Parenting Survivors of Generational Trauma and Dysfunction
*All descriptions above can be tailored to fit your training style and audience.
***Please contact Dawn directly at email@example.com to discuss speaking and training fees
What People Are Saying
“Dawn Daum presented at the Northville Elementary School District. Her presentation was well planned and timely. The delivery of information on ACE’s and how they impact our well being was powerful. As educators, our job is to work closely with others every day. She provided us with insight on how trauma impacts the brain and learning. Behaviors that we may have believed to have stemmed from something else, may not really be the case. It was eye opening and informative. We look forward to having her back in our district to speak again.”Tammy Reidell, Elementary Principal, Northville Elementary School
“Dawn Daum was the feature speaker at the Schoharie County ACE’s (Adverse Childhood Experiences) Team Conference. Dawn is an immensely impactful speaker. She brings important previously undocumented information for parents and professionals alike, about the impact of ACE’s on triggering aspects of parenting children. Dawn’s message is presented in a manner that is factually coherent and accessible, with an emotional honesty and clarity that reaches her audience. Dawn is an excellent speaker for any parent, or professional group… and comes highly recommended by our Team, as a speaker that would be an excellent resource and benefit for any group fortunate enough to hear.”Susan Cimino-Carey, owner and operator of Schoharie Hypnosis and Reiki in Schoharie, New York
Let’s make shift happen.